Code of Ethics
All Sylvia Browne Hypnosis Training Center Certified Hypnotists, have pledged to hold themseves to the SBHTC Code of Ethics as stated below.
As a Hypnotist/Hypnotherapist holding certification from the Sylvia Browne Hypnosis Training Center, I commit to conducting my professional relationships in accord with the Code of Ethics and undertake to the following statements.
- I hold myself responsible for the quality and extent of the services I perform.
- My primary obligation is to the welfare of my clients. My services are non-diagnostic.
- I will not discriminate because of race, creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation or national ancestry in any of my employment practices, rendering of services and work assignments.
- I give priority to my professional responsibility over my personal interests.
- I respect the privacy, rights and the needs of my clients and I am responsible with the information I acquire and share with my clients/students.
- I practice hypnosis/hypnotherapy within the recognized knowledge and competence of the profession and I accept responsibility to help protect the community against unethical practice by any individuals or organizations engaged in hypnotic services.
- I support the principle that professional practice requires professional education and continuing education.
- I contribute my knowledge, skills and support to my hypnosis profession. I do not make grandiose claims that project hypnosis as a panacea and I do not imply that I have medical or psychotherapy training.
- I agree that intimate social contact with clients is forbidden and I keep a strict moral and ethical code in my relationship with clients/students.
- I treat my fellow professionals with the utmost respect and consideration.
I understand that the maintenance of the highest ethical standards by Sylvia Browne Hypnosis Training Center (SBHTC) is an important support to the professional standing of all Hypnotists/Hypnotherapists. I agree to conduct my practice and all professional interactions in strict accordance with the Code of Ethics as defined now or in the future. By accepting my certification, I consent to the authority and jurisdiction of the Sylvia Browne Hypnosis Training Center (SBHTC) to promulgate such rules and regulations, as it may from time to time deem necessary and to take such action, including legal, as it deems necessary to enforce them. If I am charged with an ethics violation, I understand that an investigation may be conducted upon receipt of a written complaint signed by the person against whom the wrong is alleged. When an allegation of misconduct is being investigated, I will be give an opportunity to respond to the Ethics committee. I understand that my certification could be suspended for a specific period of time or revoked.
I agree to hold Sylvia Browne Hypnosis Training Center harmless for any actions it may take to guard against unethical practices or to enforce the rules and regulations.